Clayton Ridge BoardBy: KCTN News
Apr 12th, 2017
THE CLAYTON RIDGE SCHOOL BOARD APPROVED THE DISTRICT BUDGET FOR THE UPCOMING SCHOOL YEAR. EXPENDITURES TOTAL 15.2-MILLION WITH A TOTAL TAX LEVY OF $10.94-PER THOUSAND.
THE BOARD APPROVED 40-CENT AN HOUR WAGE INCREASES FOR SECRETARIES. THE BOARD APPROVED A NUMBER OF OTHER INCREASES INCLUDING TWO-THOUSAND DOLLAR INCREASES FOR THE PRINCIPAL AND SUPERINTENDENT POSITIONS.
JOHN HESS RESIGNED AS BUS DRIVER. THE BOARD ACCEPTED THE EARLY RETIREMENT RESIGNATION OF BONNIE GARLOW.
The Clayton Ridge Board action items are as follows:
1) Accepted the resignation of John Hess as a bus driver.
2) Accepted the resignation and early retirement of Bonnie Garlow as well as approved the recommended early retirement compensation stipend.
3) Approved the transfer of Michelle Fassbinder from full-time TAG to half-time TAG and half-time Middle School Instructional Leader.
4) Approved the service agreement with Timberline to handle the processing of district Medicaid reimbursement claims.
5) Approved 24 hours of special education extended school year services.
6) Denied 11 open enrollments into the Iowa Virtual Academy due to late enrollments, no proper special education program to meet the needs of the child and an expulsion from the resident district.
7) Approved amending the 2016-2017 district calendar to allow for snow make-up days
8) Approved the AEA purchasing food agreement.
9) Approved the following capital projects:
gutter replacement on elementary building - Amling Construction - $1,672
sealing of elementary playground area - Kluesner Construction - $4,252
replacement of sidewalk on Watson St. - Bacon Construction - $2,109
retaining wall replacement at Garnavillo bus garage - Bacon Construction - $4,250
middle school gym roof - Allen Roofing - $3,895
10) Approved the following administrative/non-union salary increases:
Secretaries Balk, Burgin & VonHandorf - $.40/hr
Social Worker - L. Pritchard - $2,000 increase and payment of $6,208 in lieu of insurance
Interpreter Mlikan - $660
Interpreter Jackson - $1,650
Maintenance - J. Christianson - $685
Head of Transportation/Maintenance T. Jasper - $240 + additional vacation
Business Manager D. Schlueter - no increase in salary - additional vacation
Principal Peterson - $2,000
Superintendent/Principal Wahls - $2,000
11) Approved the distribution of certified, support and extra-curricular contracts
12) Approved the listing of items to be auctioned at Sweeney Auction Service
13) Approved a volunteer agreement for Becky Hefel to assist in Brenda Bodish’s kindergarten room
14) Approved the 2017-2018 District Budget with total expenditures of $15,243,324 and a total tax levy rate of 10.94183