Clayton Ridge BoardBy: KCTN News
Mar 10th, 2017
THE CLAYTON RIDGE SCHOOL BOARD SET APRIL 11TH AS THE DATE FOR THE BUDGET HEARING. THAT WILL BE HELD AT 7PM IN THE MIDDLE SCHOOL LIBRARY.
THE BOARD APPROVED THE DISTRICT CALENDAR FOR THE 17-18 SCHOOL YEAR WITH A START DATE OF AUGUST 23RD.
ROGER BOCKENSTEDT RESIGNED AS GIRLS BASKETBALL COACH.
Clayton Ridge Board summary is as follows:
1) Accepted the resignation of Roger Bockenstedt as Varsity Girls Basketball Coach.
2) Held a public hearing and approved the 2017-2018 District Calendar with a start date of August 23, 2017 and ending date of May 30, 2018.
3) Set the Certified Budget Hearing for April 11, 2017 at 7:00 PM in the Middle School Library.
4) Approved the open enrollment applications of Isabelle Prew from MFL/Mar-Mac and Kaitelyn Fulks from Central to attend Clayton Ridge. Isabelle’s application was for the current school year and Kaitelyn’s application is for the 2017-2018 year.
5) Denied 8 open enrollments into the Iowa Virtual Academy due to late filing, resident district having a diversity plan and no proper special education program to meet the needs of the student.
6) Approved a 28E Agreement with NICC for the 2017-2018 Alternative High School Program.
7) Approved facility use agreements with the Garnavillo Fire Department to use the middle school grounds for the July 4 fireworks display and with the Garnavillo Hawks 4H Club to use the middle school gym for their annual lock-in.
8) Approved purchasing the services of Spring Green to maintain the football field and the grounds surrounding the field.
9) Approved the request to allow 10 teachers and administrators to attend the PLC Institute in Minneapolis in July.
10) Approved the FY2016 audit.
11) Approved hiring the services of O’Connor & Brooks Co. to conduct the FY17 audit for a cost of $13,900.00.
12) Approved the following out-of-state trips: Apr. 5 - college visit to Platteville, WI
Apr. 6 - Mr. Pfaffly’s Physics class to Plateville, WI