Structure Fire

By: News Release
Jul 29th, 2020

  At approximately 3:01 PM this date the Dubuque County Sheriff's Office along with Cascade Fire and ambulance services responded to a reported explosion and structure fire at 23887 North Cascade Road.
    Two subjects in the residence at the time of the explosion and fire received injuries. The individuals that were injured were identified as Joyce McCmullen (79) and her son, Michael McMullen (57). Both were transported to Dubuque Hospitals for treatment of non-life threatening injuries.
     The cause of the fire was determined to be a 1965 Ford Mustang that was stored in the garage of the residence that had developed a gas leak. The vehicle has been removed from the garage but fumes from the gasoline seeped into the basement and were ignited by what is believed to be the water heater pilot light.
    The residence received extensive damage from the explosion and ensuing fire. Damage estimated to be in excess of $250,000.00.
     Bernard Fire, Farley Fire and Epworth Fire all assisted at the scene.


back