Guttenberg Fire

By: KCTN News
Jan 10th, 2019

Guttenberg Fire Department was called out at 9:20am Wednesday morning to a fire at a four-plex on South Bluff Street. The structure is owned by Kurt Pencil. The fire started in one of the downstairs apartments. The fire is believed to have started from an electrical heater in the wall. Rose Pencil was an occupant of the apartment and was taken to the Guttenberg Hospital for observation. The lower apartment where the fire occurred is a total loss, an upstairs apartment received smoke and water damage. Guttenberg Crews were assisted by Garnavillo Fire, Guttenberg Police and Ambulance and the Clayton County Sheriffs Office. They were on the scene for about an hour and a half.



back